Thursday, January 7, 2010

And so it begins...

I finally watched the movie “Julie & Julia” and found myself inspired to do nothing about something.

“What?” say you. Well, let me explain. I consider myself an idea person. I am constantly having ideas. The “doing” is a whole other story. So, as I watched this movie about life changes, I was bombarded by ideas and inspiration. That was the something. But as usual, I probably was going to do nothing.

Enter my muse – my “special fiend” as she is often referred. (That is a story for another day.)

Compared to me, Melisa is a blogging professional. I have often read her musings and been jealous of her ability to share her ideas freely and eloquently. After discussing “Julie & Julia” and the implications, Melisa challenged me to start my own blog and go from there. What is the worst that could happen? I could quit it like other things? I could get overly consumed, and let it stress me out? Never! Well, it is a new year and maybe a new me.

It is time to do something about something. Would I love it to lead to a book deal, fame, fortune, maybe a movie staring Meg Ryan or Sandra Bullock. Sure! But the reality is it will probably just be a really nice outlet for all my thoughts that need to go somewhere.

It is driving me crazy that at this second it has no structure or theme. They shouldn’t make you name it at the start. I am hoping that will develop. I am a little controlling (I never LOL but this makes me LOL), so this factor is my first difficult hurdle. I am going to take a deep breath and a running start and jump.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! I'm so happy you've started to blog. That's good news. You might want to wish for Emily Blunt or Amy Admas since they are the new IT girls, but Amy did just play in a Julie and Julia. But then again, Sandra's been having her little come back so that would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who do you want to play you? You are an integral part of the story.

    More importantly, who would play my husband? I would say my husband could be played by Brad Pitt, but let's be real. Puck would definitely have to screen test for the role, but I think he looks too young. My new "it" guy is Henry Cavill from The Tudors. Yummy! I have been watching it online. It's a pretty juicy show.

    ReplyDelete